PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jun 2010, 16:34
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mega losses even after mega cuttings (in various dept and onboard which as I said before is the reason behind the departure of a massive number of business pax in my opinion)

(a) If the cuts had not been made they would have been mega mega losses, premier pax stop flying with ust because the companies they work for are feeling the effects and would not pay the rates, thats why.
YES,I understand cutting.. but WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHT CUTS?People in our club europe cabin were not getting much more than our eurotraveller pax.There were couple of little touches that justified booking in club.That was a larger seat/a full tray/ hot towels /maybe a pack of macadamia nuts if not hungry..We do not have a single thing out of those four.Do you know how many times I have been told, ""Business club-that s how they call it-it is not worth it anymore""..And as I have said,I think a lot of passengers decided to move away from us.There is a lot apologising onboard.Are you crew? Once again.it is my experience and my view.

Enormous rewards and wages for the people at the top.

(b) Most of the directors declined their bonuses this year, no bonuses paid to senior amd middle management for the last two years
I am referring to the latest news.Not that it matters that much,being only shares and not actual money,but still a bad move considering we are fighting to survive.

a request to work for free in July.

(c) A voluntery request, a lot of people took this up on their own free will to help (me included)

yes,I know somebody that did it.they left their allowances for the month in an attempt to help the company,and then as soon as we go on strike,the company says how they have got a reserve of cash to take them through the strike.
I admired his will to help..but it is a bit of a kick in your teeth..

Charges over for price fixing.

(d) Case thrown out of court, £121 M fine not paid (which is handy, as it will pay for the strike.
I know that,I also know that we paid charges in the US though.So it wasn't really for free.