PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian Aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2010, 14:04
STOLFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GA Center in Indonesia

I heard Sky Aviation has problem with its past management that they need to reapply their 141 school from Ground Zero. It is a pity as they have two brand new Aspen equiped Liberty XL2 sitting in US for year waiting to be shipped.
I agree that Seleparang can be the best location for GA, West Java is too congested and not too many scenic spots. Papua is too dangerous with mountains and unpredictable weather. Lombok is not as famous as Bali and is always under Bali's shadow like its younger brother. Bali is well known Worldwide and people can come and with a week holiday they can fly to the east as far as to see Komodo.
At the moment, for foreign pilots to fly in Indonesia during short stay is almost impossible, I mean solo. May be with instructor and with a Club instead of 135 or141, this problem can be solved. Sky Aviation is working with Indonesia Flying Club on this.
Thailand, Phillipine, Malaysia have active GA activities, why not in Indonesia. This will bring in hard-earned foreign money not to mention to improve pilot's skill and popularity.
Can Seleparang be turned to an Air Park, crazy idea, may be? But people are buying properties in Bali and Lombok including from foreigners. I know a few retired pilots living in the area, mostly Dutch. I am sure their hands are itching to take the control.
Thanks for your comments, good or bad. It is important to look at things from two sides, especially from negative opinions. If there is one that youcannot give an answer, there is a problem.
Hope there will be more opinions from the blog, especially those who think Seleparang is not the ideal place.

Last edited by STOLFLYER; 5th Jun 2010 at 17:24. Reason: Mis spell