PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things turning around in the EU/UAE???
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2010, 10:39
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Stanstead. There may well be a few positions for those "in the know" within Europe but as I said in my original post, the bulk of the contacts or long term posts are in the Middle east or SE Asia. That's where the money is, that's where the economies are expanding and that's where the locals have more sense than to sit in a metal tube for a living.

747JJ, you are correct in stating that the money in China is starting to look tempting, in fact I'm in the process of trying for a contract right now.

SVo, I never said there where no jobs available, I said that Europe is struggling and I still maintain that the boom years are over for good and any recovery in the Euro aviation sector will be very slow and very weak with more casualties over the years.

Tough luck on the PTF types, little chance of employment for the majority and no chance of a ME/FE heavy with 300hours. Not that they will believe that. Almost makes you want to set up a TRTO and get rich but then I have a conscience. Always been my downfall.