PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jun 2010, 10:16
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop the arguing over percentages! The fact is that BASSA have been unable to ground BA. 60% or 70% of flights operating shows how huge BASSA's failure is.

And as for being the world's best crew - well, a good chance of that on strike days!
For the short-sighted yes..most definitely Unite has failed..For the once who can see the destroying effects that this strike has brought, the strike wasn't exactly a big unite failure and it has grounded the airline in the sense that It is not the same airline. We now have volonteers working as crew-with no agreements just doing it for the fun and the experience(have been told some of these people didn't make it as cabin crew in the interview so i wonder what has changed..)pilots working as crew,all the rules have changed.When I joined you could only have 1 person with less than 6 months experience,now you can go with half of the people on their first flight-let alone 6 months- as long as you go to show you can.It is a very dangerous game!

I think there is plenty of leadership from the top by a certain WW. What else do you want?
People I know,have repeatedly said how they will not invest in this company until Willie Walsh is the CEO for this reason.
Cabin crew that are not cabin crew??!-

A threat of 3 strike in 5 years.

Mega losses even after mega cuttings (in various dept and onboard which as I said before is the reason behind the departure of a massive number of business pax in my opinion)

NO 24h helpdesk..if you lose your booking or need any assistance it has to be monday to friday 8-20) .

Enormous rewards and wages for the people at the top.

a request to work for free in July.

Charges over for price fixing.

All the infos they fed about us to the papers before the strike,claims that we were all a bit useless and would call in sick for any reason(I for once was quite upset by those reports as I have been sick twice in 6 years-3 days in all- and I have never earnt 30000!!) Have people forgotten about that?How we were portrayed,and not once the company -who you are all praising on this forum- went out defending us and giving a better explanation of our t&c- not once.

Let's not talk about openskies..a laughing matter alltogether.And if you remember management words, openskies should have been something that would have made us competitive. When? Where? -When on an AMS link,you would always be parked next to one,wondering what was going on and dispatcher was always quite embarassed to tell us the loads-

Let's not go into the T5 opening.They wanted to make such a big opening on the day,that didn't even worry about being ready or listening to employees,they just did it. And we lost a lot of passengers through that fiasco.Some people never returned.

Anyway to go back to the point..strike consequences might not be obvious today,but we all know it has had a massive impact for the future. Like everything else the management will just worry about today-and that is a very good PR move..to say how smoothly the operation is running..but as insiders we should know better.