PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jun 2010, 08:57
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Betty girl
I just want to tell you how worried I am about coming to work after the strike.
Some of the crew that are striking are completely blaming those that have worked for this mess. They are saying hateful things on their forum about how cc scabs and pilot scabs have ruined everything and if it wasn't for them every thing would be fine and they would have won.

It is really frightening to think that I may have to do a trip with these people and I am very scared.

I know that I have done the right thing by working but it does not stop me from being frightened by these crew.

I can't sleep for worry and I know it is the same for the strikers too.
The whole thing is a horrible mess.

I really hope that Mr. Walsh does send out a reasonable offer in the post with a choise to sign or go and all of this ends.
Betty girl, you are not alone in the ways that you feel. I and many of my friends also are very worried about the return of the strikers.

In an ideal world, they will finish the strikes, return to work and perform in a manner that sets-out to prove that they are what they keep telling us .... normal, compassionate, everyday people, with kids, mortgages etc, and apparently the best CC in the world.

Sadly, we know from the months prior to the strikes that many of them don't actually have the capacity for this .... they will stomp around, blaming and bad-mouthing anyone and anything. They'll moan about the smallest things, cause a difficult atmosphere and do their best to upset everyone. I wouldn't mind so much if it was possible to ever have a calm, adult conversation with any of them about what they are doing. But in all the time this has been going-on that has just not happened.

I think all of us are looking to BA to sort this out before it even happens. But unfortunately, other than reiterating the B&H instructions there is very little BA can do as they can't accuse anyone of anything prior to it actually happening. What rests on our shoulders, as individuals, is to be sure to report anything that is out of order. If it happens in the briefing, go to the DOMs straight away. If it happens onboard, go to the Captain. If it happens downroute, go either to the Captain or call the DOMs.

It's tempting to just let something pass, but I've done that in the past and then realised that what was visited upon me by one individual would probably be inflicted on others because I did nothing about it.

Make sure to have contact numbers in your mobile .... your manager, the DOMs, the Safecall number.

But most of all Betty girl, come into work knowing that you are part of the vast majority, have nothing to prove and that anyone indulging in unacceptable behaviour is only digging a very deep hole for themselves.

There are many crew discussing just these issues over at mypccc.co.uk. You will not be alone.

Take care.