PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2010, 07:17
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tigger

It is fine and well that people express an opinion that say Easyjet would consider increasing operations at BHD.

As regards the other airlines that you mention, Jet2 Aer Lingus (Inc regional) and bmibaby. Of course people dont speculate at them moving why?
It would be reasonable to assume based on the state of play that they wouldnt move-
Aer Lingus couldnt do flights to European continent with 320, and the future possibility of TA flights from BHD not a runner

Jet2 has a freight business and European business from BFS and wouldnt move for those reasons.

Aer Lingus Regional, their flight is more geared towards the business man and hence is more suited to the City airport

And Bmibaby, why would they want to fly into BHD only to get kicked around the place by Flybe who have high freqency.

I personally dont want to see Easyjet move any services from BFS, and the LTN link moving is a pity as I like to use LTN for central London, I find LTN the easiest route. However, the signals that I see suggest that Easyjet are testing the water and they are now increasing service.

Furthermore, Easyjet are operating in a very crowded marketplace here, and Ryanair arriving is sure to have dented the bottom line of the BFS base. So any attempt to capture some of the BHD market and at the same time keeping Ryanair out of BFS makes sense.

Flybe is a formidable competitor selling is Unique selling points, Low fares (debatable if they area), high frequency and choice of destinations, smaller aircraft etc. Ryanair avoid them and Easyjet seem to be testing their resolve eg LPL IOM etc, Flybe can expect some challenge from EZY as Flybe have aspirations at LGW, and when LGW is challenged EZY responds. I dont see why EZY wouldnt go after some of Flybe share at BHD, starting with LGW. Wait and see.

EI-BUD

We will have to wait and see what happens.