PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LFPG STAR Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2002, 14:55
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly the DPE3W with drudging relentlessness and find the DPE and MERUE restrictions are generally the ones Paris are most interested in. 280KIAS at DPE tends to be enforced when they are particularly busy though they'll often specify other speeds. The FL240 restriction applies 99 times out of 100. Restrictions at CRL43 are a bit looser, I've been higher due to late descent clearances so there doesn't seem to be a great problem with northbound departures in that area. The 250KIAS restriction at MERUE normally applies, you can usually keep high speed if they're not too busy but they'll slow you down to 220KIAS on the way in to CRL. I have occasionally been higher than FL110 at MERUE, again due to late clearances, but that doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. However being low at MERUE would be a very bad idea as the northbound departures are at FL100 directly beneath you! As the above poster says, if in doubt just ask. Contrary to popular opinion the French are actually quite good!

Hope that helps a bit, now all we've got to do is reduce the constant :

"Say again for NWA10.........

....NWA10 was that for us?.....

....errr NWA10 how d'ya spell that?.."

that accompanies the transatlantic rush-hour!