PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss evacuates in Thessalonique
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2002, 14:40
Devils Advocate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

CRM = "Crew Resource Management", right ?! ( stemming from the previous Cockpit Resource Management - which was heavily orientated towards FlightDeck crew only - latterly adapted to include CabinCrew and others )

So Robo - one imagines that in the above you mean that the CabinCrew did not exhibit good CRM, i.e. being that they're part of the aircraft crew did they inform the FlightCrew that they were going to evacuate ? Were they talking on 121.6 to the fire brigade and the control tower about what the people outside the aircraft could see and were doing ? Just what coordination did they proffer towards helping coordinate the evacuation, other than telling the pax to get out ?

Perhaps to make the point, how about if when the cabin is too hot the cabin crew come in to the flight deck, help themselves to the overhead panel and start tinkering with the pneumatics and temperature controls ( and believe when I say that I have had first hand experience of that happening ! ) would you as a pilot think that was acceptable, and if not why not ? ( and I'm sure that you'll see where I'm gonna take this )