PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern Territory Aeromed Contract
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2010, 00:17
Counter-rotation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys at Pearl are not the gods of aviation you might think you are!
Skidmark, while you have addressed this somewhat in a following post, I still take issue with that statement, and cannot find anywhere, where any of the Pearl guys have claimed to be anything, least of all "gods of aviation"...

even the NTG has to be accountable to some respect...
xxgoldxx, accountability (or lack of it) has, in my observation, been the overarching problem with this service in the last few years. This goes for the contractor AND the NT Health Department. Until that changes, the service will obviously struggle. But I hope you're right, and accountability is present in some form if/when it turns (further) to sh!t

from the failed pearl operation
Natbanger, bloody hell mate, where do I start with you?! The "failure" you speak of is firmly with the planning and management of the service by the NT Health Department. You are obviously a fanboy of Careflight, for some reason, and have all the ignorant opinion that Govt agenda seeks to cultivate on the matter. I have no experience with Careflight, but I cannot believe that they believe that what they are proposing, will work. If it does, good luck to 'em!

Good luck Careflight, well done for stepping up where no one else will
That is the biggest joke I have read on PPRuNe in quite a while, well done!!

I'm not going to waste time typing the AVALANCHE of accounts of the behaviour I have seen personally from the NT Govt, but I can safely say that nothing will surprise me any more!! What surprises me is that they can sleep at night, and that they get away with it.

SOME INTERESTING QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:

Pearl, in it's current (or earlier - Skywest) form have been doing this work for how many years?
What has changed in that time? (hint - lots, both in aviation and NT Health Dept.)
Why exactly isn't the service now operating into Tindal at night? (hint - don't look to the NT News for information on this one...)
Who identified, and tried to solve the aging aircraft fleet issues first?
Who is a commercial organisation, with a right to supply and be paid (only) for what they supply?
Who decides how, and in what aircraft, the service will be provided to "the good people" of the NT? (thought I'd throw in an EASY one for ya Natbanger!)
Who needs to blame someone else when things go bad, so they don't jeopardise votes?

It's a grubby business from start to finish when you're dealing with politicians...

CR.