PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange Takeoff & Landing
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 23:27
rachel1707uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Takeoff & Landing

Apologies if this is a stupid thing to ask (and/or in the wrong place) but I flew back to LBA from IBZ with Jet2 this morning (4 Jun 10, LS198, arr. 1315ish) and the takeoff and landing seemed slightly unusual and I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on it.

During takeoff we ascended to probably no more than 800-1000ft (I'm not an expert so I'm afraid that's a complete guess) before there was a fairly sudden drop in engine noise and the plane levelled off for about 60-90 secs before the engine noise increased again and the plane resumed ascending. The rest of the flight was normal until about 5-10 mins before landing; the plane made a few sharp left turns (it must have been almost a full circle) before a very bumpy landing with flaps looking (to my untrained eye) more extended on the right wing than the left one and what sounded like quite a bit more noise from the left side of the plane than the right. Also, when we disembarked the left engine was idling (I think that's what I mean!) but the right one was completely off with someone in a high-vis jacket looking into it.

Am I just letting my imagination run away with me or does that sound like there was something unusual about the flight? If so, what?

Thanks in advance for any responses!