PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 20:35
gasbag1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray767,

Seeing the HRC is ruling on a discrimination case, by what manner does the HRC override pension statutes? How does a person who is retired and collecting a pension from the same company they are being returned to, by your assertion, collect both a pension and a wage. Pension law does not allow that to occur.

So, how does a pilot unretire?
Is the pension placed on hold?
Does the reinstated pilot get to acquire more pensionable service or is the service frozen? ...assuming they do not have 35 year of service.

I could likely ask about 40 more questions that are not simple nor unimportant. The HRC does not have the right to override the laws of Parliment as you have stated many times. The Pension Act is a enacted by Parliment but totally unrelated to the Human Rights Act.

I would assume the Chairman is trying to reconcile this and other issues of conflict that may not be clearly addressed. That being said I go back to the beginning, just by what means does the HRC override other Acts of Parliment and specifically the Pension Act which is closely related to Tax Laws?