PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTOT's
Thread: CTOT's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 19:36
ChiyaWena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the idiotic SLOT system.......why was it even put in place if the demand was never going to be met for the system to even make sense?? this ain't europe.

Speaking of safety, all it is doing is irritating those that have to work with it, pilots and controllers. and they had nothing to do with it's creation as far as i know. As pilots we get annoyed with the ATC but they can't do much about it, as i've heard numerous times, 'sorry, it's out of our hands'. and the controllers get upset with the aircrews constantly asking for earlier CTOTS. so we have a bunch of frustrated pilots being controlled by a bunch of irritated ATC's. and it's neither the pilots or the ATC's fault. if there ever was 'CRM' between controllers and aircrews in SA, it's vanashing fast. so much for a safer system........

i don't want to be told to contact my OPS because they can't do much either, let us not forget that they are busy with other flights too. And the controllers have all the resources they need to sort it out. but sorry, it's out of your hands though. and when one aircraft misses thier slot, why can't someone else have it if they are ready and waiting.

don't even get me started on trying to get hold of the learner on 121.9 again just to tell them that i'm 'fully ready'. can someone please explain to me what that means anyway, i'm either ready or i'm not??!! anyway.

when a few of us have to sit in the bay with the doors closed for no reason other than the system, and then all get push and start at the same time and sit at the holding point and watch each other take off, doesn't the penny drop??!!

however much this dumb system cost, it's gonna cost the indusrty more in delays and fuel burns. wakey wakey helloooooo......

and why don't i get a CTOT of of livingston?? the CTOT is all about the arrival time isn't it? so when i blast off from livingstong and land 40 mins early, where's the problem, joburg deals with us and fits us in like it used to be!!

COME ON ATNS, LETS THINK ABOUT THIS LOGICALLY AND RETHINK IT. LOOK AT THE RESULTS. BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!!!!

daily CTOT rant over.......................thanks...............

Last edited by ChiyaWena; 5th Jun 2010 at 10:44.