PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnant RAF officer awarded £16,000 for discrimination
Old 4th Jun 2010, 17:45
Talk Reaction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is ridiculous and frankly she should be ashamed of herself for suing the MOD. I can't believe that taking leave affected her promotion prospects and if it did then she wasn't forced to take leave.

My wife also serves in the RAF and was due to go to the FI when she found out she was pregnant, she was very keen to get an 'operational' tick done but the call was that she couldn't go. Whilst there is a level of care in FI it isn't to the level available in the UK, particularly for complications or emergencies, and what is more important than the health of your growing baby!!!!

She now hasn't been OOA and will only have a year left on her return to work, so her chances of a PC or any other form of extension in the leaning RAF she will return to is very low - perhaps we should try and get some quick cash that could be buying body armour or a desperaty needed extra flying hour for someone trainging for ops..... Of course not. The lady in question was not disadvantaged, the RAF ensured that as soon as it knew she was pregnant it protected her and her unborn baby - even if she chose then to fly for god knows how many hours to somewhere with limited facilities to care for emergencies with very young feutous's (sp?)

I'm sorry if it sounds strong but I think the RAF put my wifes needs first and has been very supportive with excellent provisions compared to many other companies. This is a very similar situation to my wife's, almost identical so I feel pretty entitled to my view- it makes me angry when I think peole are just out to get money!