PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KC-X RFP Mk II (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:10
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an outsider (i.e. I'm not on either Boeing or Airbus's sh*t/bribe/suck up to lists (delete as appropriate)) it seems to me the choice is of a Tanker that needs a few teeny tweaks and could be slotted into production pdq, from a manufacturer that does both drogue and probe or the goatf**k pole approach
OR
the not even off the back of the fag packet designs from good ole Bubba. (who, from what I can understand still hasn't got his last project tanker to work)

If it was my money, I'd be going away from seattle. The views spouted by some americans here about the inferiority of overseas products is quite frankly insulting, rude, untrue and has a nasty whiff of racism about it (in my opinion)

It may be true about the quality varying but you get what you pay for and if you consume huge amounts of anything and you don't pay attention then you will find enterprising types will try and move the margins a little.

From my limited knowledge of US seafood (Tybee Island Crab Shack) and that there deadliest catch show, your produce is lovely, local stuff excellent, Alaskan stuff criminally high food miles. I'll bet most of you didn't now they bait the crab pots with Cod!!

No wonder the prices are so high here.

To summarize before the drugs get too bad I think the Buy USA when it is clearly a vastly inferior product is a bad choice.

I suspect Bubba will win though, but I'd like to see a corruption investigation on the process, like t' Baron nearly got caught with ( hope Dave runs it again) or BA got tarred with and like BP seems to be going to get (Nicely avoided by Halliburton)

Just because it says made in USA on the tin does not make it better - but hey what do I know, I bought a car from a cheese eating surrender monkey rather then buy British.