PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 15:48
rotorblades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjbow
Because it provides IFR-IFR protection in IMC conditions
I know you like to get a little picky, so Ill pick back. Not just in IMC, IFR is separated from IFR in all weather conditions in E airspace.

You will never be cleared into the airport vicinity if other IFR aircraft are still present
Thats an incredibly vague statement, IFR aircraft still present? where, taxiing on the ground?.
So, you then end up loitering in a holding pattern away from the airport for hours on end.

I'm still yet to hear a *convincing* argument as to why have E as opposed to a higher class.
And just saying "because the US does it" really doesnt cut the mustard, and is the least convincing argument in the world. I thought everyone would've learned by now to just say no to blindly following whatever the Americans do (Korea, Vietnam, Iraq).

ARFOR
In Class E, the difference between visual [cancelling IFR]
I may have missed your/the point with this statement.
By saying visual (with ref to the ground) doesnt mean an automatic cancel of IFR, if meant visual with an conflicting aircraft then separation will still have to be 'assigned' from ATC to the pilot (and not an immediate cancel of IFR).
And from what I can see in the 'books' even if you are doing a visual approach from 30 or miles out in VMC doesnt automatically mean a cancel of IFR, and ATC still need to separate.