PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 4th Jun 2010, 15:40
Flap 80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a BA Airbus Captain i am not alone in noticing that LHR is operating virtually as normal with the numbers of crew turning up, the atmosphere pre flight in the CRC and during the trips is excellent and reminds me of the happy days on charter flights when crews were paid significantly less than the current BA CC. It willl not be difficult to recruit new enthusiastic CC, it is not necessary to have 20+years service to operate as CC. How many CC in the other firms would relish one out, standover day, one back in a European Capital and then pick up Euro 155 allowances for a standover in Germany for example.
Bassa has not told its diminishing membership the options post June 9th. Legally i believe that a new ballot cannot be for the same grievance that the previous ballot was for. Am I correct.

Anyone with any doubts about the effectiveness of the BA plan to fly the schedules is sadly misguided. Sooner we excommunicate the Bedfont blinkered ones the better.::