PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi A320
Thread: Saudi A320
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 14:54
BadAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In general, yes I am happy here. I will be happier in a few weeks when my family joins me... I have my complaints, but that will be true anywhere. There are good points and bad points, but once training is done, the good points seem to outweigh the bad points (training was approx 6 months to get released, and most of us were ready to quit and go home at some point during the training... However, the senior guys convinced us to stick it out -- and they were right, it has gotten a lot better post-training...) For the most part, they just leave me alone to fly (no hassles from management here like the other M.E. carriers are experiencing. The only bad points stem from a lack of organization in general, and our managers being swamped with work..., not from malicious attitudes). And, the F/Os here are the best I've ever flown with, so work (flying) is actually fun.

As for life on the compound -- it is what it is. It is living in a compound away from home. It isn't home. But, the housing is okay and the other families here make it bearable (a lot of bbq's and more families coming so even more "gatherings"...). Life in the Saudia compound is definitely better than other places I've worked and lived (Kuwait and West Africa). And, as more families come (with kids), it will keep getting better (we all hope).

But, to answer your questions, yes I am happy here. Four months ago, I couldn't wait to get out of here and never return. Now, I'm moving the wife and kids over here for at least the next few years. There is a lot to be said for the stability here. Go figure...