PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 14:43
Arthur Rowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandemrotor.

I have read this thread from the beginning. I believe that the cause of the Chinook crash will always remain unknown. The original findings of the Board of Inquiry should have been accepted by the reviewing officers. A further proper independent and authoritative inquiry into the accident should be undertaken and its findings accepted.

I have not made many posts but when I have it is to try to bring some explanation to light drawing on personal experience or knowledge. You may wish to note that I have a full personal profile while many contributors to this thread do not. It is difficult to know whether they are writing with any authority when they express their opinions.

Perhaps I should not have invoked Monty Python but it was the 'automatic gainsaying' responses of some posters that I was hoping to point out.

As to eyewitness evidence, which do you think more likely; that the Chinook slowed down to 70 Knots then accelerated to almost Vne or that the yachtsman was mistaken in his estimate of its speed? And, from your personal experience, would 140 Knots have been a dangerous speed in the circumstances?