PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India, Corruption and Foreign Pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 13:37
avionimc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DGCA verifies [Indian] co-pilots’ experience!

Quote:
5.Experience of foreign pilots is not verified by DGCA.
Interestingly, one of my assigned Indian copilots - recently out of flight school in Australia, had a brand new DGCA pilot license (ME, Commercial and Instrument) and about 300 hours TT.

By curiosity I asked to see his Australian pilot license as I had never seen one before. To my surprise his Australian pilot license only stated Single Engine, Commercial Pilot (no multi engine and no instrument rating)!

In this case, I found out all the Australian flight instructor had to do, is to endorse the student pilot logbook as well as several DGCA forms that the so called pilot had twenty hours of multi engine time and a number of approaches, as well as “passing” an in-house flight school check (in this case, exactly 20 hours of Seneca time logged, to the minute, and including one hour for the so called in-house flight check).

This particular [co]pilot never studied for and never took, never passed a real IFR written test; never took, never passed a real Multi-Engine check ride and never took, never passed a real Instrument check ride.

No wonder…

Last edited by avionimc; 4th Jun 2010 at 13:51.