PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Jul 2002, 12:46
Bigmosquito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to expect for the interview.

First, you'll have a psychological test. Nothing unusual, same as airlines.
You can get books related to this subject at different book stores.

Second, you'll be invited to chat with three persons from the cie.

One will be talking about safety, Jepps, aerodynamics (simple things), and put you in a situation with a go minded captain to land below minimum.

Another one will be talking about things such as catering. Of course with some problems such as: "This is not what I've ordered! I want what I've asked and I want to leave on time...".
Deal with it...
Another scenario could be oversize luggages that can not be put on board. Think about next day delivery with DHL, FEDEX, or others... Good old cargo goes almost anywhere now a day...

Remind to yourself that they don't want to hear false informations. Be honest and tell them the truth...
Stay a public relation type of guy...

Another one will ask about your previous employer and the three things you would consider negative about yourself.

Third, the sim check.
You'll fly the Falcon 10 from A to B without A/P and flight director.
You'll have an SID departure with a break in between to do some 45° bank turns then proceed to your destination.
You'll have to shut down one engine for what ever reasons, shoot 1 ILS approach with a go around single engine, then come back with a full stop.
For those already qualified on the Falcon 10, you might get an engine failure on take-off, so expect scenarios to change depending on your background.
For those who haven't touch a stick for years and have used auto throttle, would be good idea to practice again basic scanning...
No fancy EFIS or glass cockpit. This is back to good old instruments.

Just stay cool, polite, honest and you'll have a pretty good chance to get in.

I've seen a lot of negative things in this forum. I won't come back on what has been said. Just remember that Netjets Europe is still a young cie and it takes years before things get stable.
Big airlines didn't make it in one day.
Management will do mistakes so will we before finding the right path.
Don't forget they started with 2 or 3 SII's.
What a change since then... and still growing...

Good luck to all of you...