PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground School - time & tactics...
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 10:39
AnotherPPLwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground School - time & tactics...

I've signed up to do an intensive JAR PPL in the US in a couple of months. I've no intentions of going ATPL, but maybe down the distant path a CPL but at the moment this is more for the challenge of something new. (I'm 41)

However, today in a library, I thumbed through some 2nd ed of Pratt's books - and to say I was daunted was probably appropriate.

The school I'm doing it with seems to use the Thom lot of books, but not too sure how much difference it makes as long as you know the stuff.

To try to complete the practical flying in decent time period requires me to have done most of the study (c. 80%) before I get near to the school.

I know that people learn at different rates etc., but what how did you all tackle it - just plod through the books in order and how much time do you reckon you devoted to it - especially interested in the experiences of those who've done the intensive approach as well as over many months (or years!)

The weight of the books alone was scary enough and it is more the physics of flying than the laws that has me pondering at the moment...