PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 09:12
oldtimersdisease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked there for a while a few years back and didn't enjoy it at all. The aircraft were well maintained and there were many good guys working for the company, but the management and the housing then were awful. I still maintain contact with a few friends there who tell me that things have improved, but only slightly.
While I was there more than 30 pilots either left or were sacked, but I don't know if turnover rates have changed lately.
Also when I was there, the average pilot had more than 10,000 hours, so the experience level was very high. My passport was always taken and after I quit, I was not given it back until I had statements from the bank to show that I had no outstanding bank or credit debts and from Etisalat to show that my account was closed and my bill paid. I was not given back my passport until after I had passed through immigration. One friend who allegedly had a debt because of a mistake by a car dealer, was arrested and imprisoned on his way out. The main reason most people have a loan there is to buy a car.