PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTOT's
Thread: CTOT's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 08:25
Beechdrivr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently, so i hear, this system was tried a while back, dunno the time frame and it didn't work out very well and was put on the back burner.

I personally think and i'm sure most, if not all agree with me it's a big cock up at the moment. Now having to get permission from clearance delivery before switching over to ground is hugely frustrating when it's busy and everyone is trying to get a clearance and then you still have to wait in queue just to say you are ready for start.

Jg1 i feel ur frustration as well, case in point last night out of PLZ. We were ready 5 min before our pushback got our start and was made to wait 20 min. at the holding point until our CTOT came up and even then they lauched us late as we had to wait for aircraft to land that were 20nm out. Couldn't go earlier heaven forbid... needless to say we were pretty pissed off. This system is a failure.

Would this system not be more suited to airports like Heathrow and the likes where there is high traffic volumes? Dunno if it is used over there! We just don't have the numbers IMO for this system to work properly.

Would be interested in what some ATCO's have to say about it, anyways that's my 2cents I'm off to do battle with the system again shortly

safe flying guys
BD