PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baker's cyst & flying
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2002, 11:58
TikkiRo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah well - got me flight socks and knee supports as directed by (all) the doctors - so will just have to go for it and see what happens. If the right one hadn't ruptured last year with minimal force (I stood up basically!) and at a point when it wasn't even known about, I would be less concerned but considering it's now pretty huge and causing a lot of discomfort I tend to be a lot more concerned for that happening again. And as you say, the difficulty is going to be that if it does, because I'll have been on a longhaul flight they'll have no choice but to consider a DVT as a diff dx - thus more than likely putting me in hospital, which my insurers are quibbling over covering! All great fun. All I need now is for my GP to say she's now not going to provide me with a "fit to travel" letter and I'll be well and truly snookered if problems arise from this.

Although you say not to get too worried about it QDM, I would like to think you'd understand my concerns on this as a pilot as mich as anything else - it's an issue that is now constantly preventing my progression with my PPL training as I end up getting grounded constantly while getting injections to settle them. Can only hope I get some better help on my return when the MRI results are finally in.

I'll repost later on if there's any info of interest on this topic.

Regards and thanks to you all in the meantime.
TR

BN - thanks for the link - again, interesting reading that is useful to be aware of.