PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to give up?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2001, 18:55
Cruise Alt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks to all of you for your support. Meeb is right that I know commercial aviation will survive, it is just the short to middle term that concerns me. An IR is an expensive thing to renew and my FI pay doesn't cover the rent. I am wondering if I can cope with another 3 or so years before getting a job that pays enough for me to go to the pub without my friends feeling that they have to subsidise me.

My girlfriend returned from Europe last night on a flight with only 50 PAX of the 150 capacity. It was supposedly fully booked. Can airlines continue to operate with this much drop in trade? This came on the same day that all BA Flight crew were sent a letter describing the dire financial position of the company and comparing it to the similar positions of it's competitors and it was written before the US tragedy.

My dilemma is whether to continue trying or to come back to it when the market recovers.

PS Please do not use this as another ‘JAA Vs Ronchonner thread. And my sympathies go out to anyone reading this who knew anyone in Tuesdays disasters. The thoughts of DeltaTango are totally tasteless and I am sorry they have been attached to my thread