PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 04:49
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Ledsled,
Seems to me that you could update quite a lot of your "knowledge" -- and get your facts straight ---before you start criticizing the knowledge of others.
All I said was:
Given that TCAS was only mandated in the USA in 1993 and the rest of the world in 2000, justify your claim that you haven't flown that presentation "for in more than 20 years".
What are the wrong facts here? You are a bit touchy, aren't you?

PS: Oh fount of all knowledge, how's that defintion of "Continuous Two Way" for VFR in E coming along?

MJBOW2/Dick Smith,
IFR stuck with procedural separation on the ATC freq whilst self-segregating with VFR on the CTAF.

And again I will tell you that situation does not exist. If it is VMC you can conduct a visual approach from 30 nm out. You will never be cleared into the airport vicinity if other IFR aircraft are still present. You will not be given the same kind of ridiculous close in procedural separation you get at places like Launy or Maroochidore. You will be separated (from other IFR) well in advance of your arrival into the CTAF area if it is a non radar environment. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
I am well aware of how E airspace works. It's not rocket science. It's just dumb. If the sky is gin-clear from miles out, I don't need E airspace. If the sky is really cloudy all over the CTAF, I still don't need E airspace. I self-segregate. Affordable safety. No-radio lighties flying over the top of Broome or Karratha at 4500ft in E, I don't need!

And yes, there are plenty of scenarios when I am not VMC (or am not willing to accept a change to VFR) during the arrival when there are VFR aircraft below the cloud in the CTAF. So yes, I will be constrained by procedural ATC standards when in G I could do my own thing in concert with the other IFR after being given that very un-American service called DTI.

YOU just don't understand that See and Avoid is not just "OK, I hear you on the radio so well miss each other".