PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 4th Jun 2010, 04:37
wee one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Juan O,

I have a friend I recently asked why he flew Emirates and not BA from OZ to UK. His answer
"because when you press the call bell on BA nothing happens" says it all really. Thats closer to the publics perception of YOUR type of BA crew

@Kierhardie

The moderators are cabin crew not pilots.....Diddums..intellectual my arse.

@Gingertom

Correct I do sit on my bottom looking at clouds. You sit on yours ignoring call bells. Lets swap bottoms and see how long we live...Or you ask me questions on your manuals and I will do the same to you on our manuals. Lets have a side bet on who will know more about the others job. Lets say the loser resigns and sods off.

Now to get to the oft mentioned long range commuters. The element and requirement to be properly rested has been visited already. What about the need to be acclimatised for certain flights? The duty times differ and may indeed leave the commuter illegal on another count in addition to rest.Particlarly from LA or Sydney. I fly ULR regulalry and it is physically challenging even when acclimatised and rested. I hope the CAA has a good look at this and throw a few in jail. Its just plain unsafe.

The fact that cabin crew commute from West coast USA or Sydney to a London base beggars belief. It is the only indication needed that BA cabin crew, as represented by Bassa needs an enema