PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 03:21
flyhardmo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
bmarly wrote
Good Luck to both the cadets and GA pilots, there is nothing we can do to stop this, so lets embrace it and allow everyone a fair chance to enjoy the profession that I love so much.
Its that sort of attitude and mindset that is füçk1n9 up the industry and everyone elses terms and conditions. The industry has always raped young, dedicated pilots by making them pay for training and offering low wages in return for that dream job in the end. They slog it out up north, on a station or in some hell hole 3rd word country to get the experience and have a crack at a regional with less pay than GA for the experience and hours for the next step. Now the airlines are jumping on the bandwagon following GA's lead because idiots like you with that attitude are willing to bypass the traditional system, pay more for training, get paid less in return just so you can wear a uniform an brag to your mates you fly a jet.
The one thing you don't think about is the life experiece you miss out on by not working in a crappy place with horrible pay. Everybody is in the same boat and helping eachother get by, all chipping in for a car, groceries and cases of beer. Thats real CRM building right there.
The cadets I fly with are borng as bat sh1t, don't go out usually because they have no personalitiy and also through lack of money. But hey lets embrace it.

I would encourage anyone coming through the scheme, but I just think it's a real shame that the position is being devalued (i.e. We will not increase conditions to attract and retain good First Officers, we will just lower the bar to entry and increase supply thereby reducing conditions). It makes the industry increasingly less attractive to "bright" people.
well said.