PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 03:01
Trojan1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadets also do aerobatics, and are encouraged to form command decision thinking processes early too. When the VAST majority of military pilots graduate from their initial training in Pearce, how many do you think continue with their aerobatics? Yep, those P3 & Herc pilots must be having a ball..... They end up the same as a cadet - been there done that, but now I'm doing this.
You have obviously never done any LL tac flying in a P-3 or a Herc. I have, on Hercs at least once a fortnight, more often leading up to PB/CG airdrops. I even know of a Herc being spun in the past (). I realise there are useless pilots on both sides, however, when it comes to mindset, decision making and raw handling skills I believe an experienced GA or mil pilot would outperform a cadet.

You sound a little bitter. I take it you are not ex-mil.

I don't fly Jetstar for a number of reasons: Work providers are Qantas and Strategic, Jetstar passenger cabins are full of bogans, Jetstar has low airfares because they charge for job interviews and drive wages down.

Hardly ignorant big fella, just don't easily trust strangers with my life, especially inexperienced ones. When one-two-go crashed in Thailand a couple of years ago, I remember seeing footage of the burning jet off to the side of the runway. As it burned, a surviving Scottish passenger passed in front of the camera and said "I would fly with them again, definately". With this sort of travelling public out there, I'm am sure it will be a success.

I have nothing against those who apply, not at all, but I have reservations.