PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 02:49
Tankengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think many have lost the point with the "Mil better than GA, better than Cadet" argument.
A well trained Cadet course followed by 5 years in GA and THEN 5 years in the military would be a better training course to be my F/O or [S/O]

The issue is that all the airlines are starting cadet courses because there are not enough suitable applicants from both the military and GA.

The reason is that there are not enough trainees, because THEY WILL NOT PAY ENOUGH!!!!!!

While we are accepting the crap that these airlines dish out this will not change.

Once upon a time Pilots would accept crap on the way up to an Airline job [holy grail] because there was that Qantas,Ansett or TAA job up there.

Now, starting perhaps with Virgin and Impulse and continued with Jetstar and Tiger the jet jobs are more like "GA in Jets" and there is no moving up the food chain [QF all that is left and not growing] WE now have a situation where there is no future in Airlines in Australia so the pricks need to have cadet courses to supply them with low paid labour!

If conditions improved sufficiently they would not NEED cadet courses.

How to achieve this? - I don't know.