PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 02:24
ARFOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will never be cleared into the airport vicinity if other IFR aircraft are still present.
Why might that be? Is it because visual separation [i.e. a standard] and related is not applicable to remote offsite ATC
You will not be given the same kind of ridiculous close in procedural separation you get at places like Launy or Maroochidore.
Ridiculous? Application of any number of 'international' [including US NAS] separation standards such as visual separation and safe segregation monitoring by ATC eyes onsite is why aircraft can be safely 'separated' into the circuit and then all the way to the gate.

clearly you DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS
I understand that you might think there is no way around the unique Australian tracking and altitude requirement for a visual approach but regardless, we should copy the United States, Canada and New Zealand etc and allow a pilot to track however they see fit, once cleared for a visual approach
In Class E, the difference between visual procedures is:-

1. an IFR pilot in VMC who cancels IFR [elects to cancel their IFR category/flight plan] becomes invisible like all other VFR
2. an IFR on a 'visual approach' as per normal IFR and ATC procedures retains separation from other IFR in E

In D, C or B [if permitted], if the pilots elects to cancel IFR, they will still receive an ATC service [separation, segregation or DTI] with regard to ALL other traffic IFR and VFR.

The difference in service to IFR [who retain their IFR status] in VMC in any of the countries mentioned would be what exactly?

I'll help you ..... NONE

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS

Last edited by ARFOR; 5th Jun 2010 at 00:07.