PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 02:11
mmmbop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't fly RPT but I am a nervous passenger when sitting in the back of an airliner and would prefer GA/Mil experience up the front when I fly.
Then you are simply ignorant. I have seen good and bad ex-GA pilots, good and bad ex-Military pilots and good and bad Cadets. But were my poor impressions formed from someone simply having a bad day??

But I have only flown Jetstar once, and never will again.
...and that was based on?? From your seat in the cabin you were able to determine that the pilot was not up to your lofty ideals of what a pilot should be? You of course could determine from there what curveballs were thrown at the crew during that flight. I am by no means a Jet* lover (I sit far closer to the 'hater' side), but sheesh......

Also, Mil aircrew are taught to fly in three dimensions, with aerobatics, formation, LL and lots of command decisions and planning early in their training.
Cadets also do aerobatics, and are encouraged to form command decision thinking processes early too. When the VAST majority of military pilots graduate from their initial training in Pearce, how many do you think continue with their aerobatics? Yep, those P3 & Herc pilots must be having a ball..... They end up the same as a cadet - been there done that, but now I'm doing this.

M