PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern Territory Aeromed Contract
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 02:05
Skidmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down No need to get nasty people.....be cool!

I started this thread as a rumour. Ok, so the rumour turned out to be fact! Now I'm sure the people at Careflight aren't appreciating the attacks they are receiving here as well as the Pearl Aircraft and possibly management. Note that the incumbent crews are not included. I know that aircraft don't really know what is going on but I'm sure you get my jist. (No smart arsed comments here)

You're making your identities very obvious by the comments in these posts and it's really amusing - but grow up please!!

The NT Government has a lot to answer for here and I wish they would get involved in this thread. It would seem the NTG has done no consultation nor research into this and that the Cornish report should've been used as toilet paper.

Here's some facts:
Pearl's aircraft are old and maintenance intensive.

No-one is irreplaceable - ie. pilots are pilots. You guys at Pearl are not the gods of aviation you might think you are!

It does however take on average 6 -8 months to train an aeromed/medivac pilot.

Aeromed/medivac nursing and medical staff require around 2 weeks of OJT in the air as well as training on the ground as required by the regulator as cabin crew.

Aircraft must be VH registered and be refitted (though I don't know what fit the ex Norway A/C were in. Must not come up to spec.)

Aircraft must have all AD's completed.

All aircraft require unscheduled maintenance.

All operators require a place of business with which to hang up their AOC.

Old operators should look after their contracts a little better!!!!!

What do you think people?? Are the NTG dreaming here with their puny budget and cowboy attitude? For 6 months???? You gotta be kidding

NTG clowns, you guys are in dreamtime