PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the AFAP ever had a decent win?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 00:52
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Turkey
Don't know what your on but i would avoid the random testing as you might be in a bit of bother.

I will have to go and talk to the fianance committee about my contract as you obviuosly know more about it than me or the missus. If they dont pay up including the backpay i guess i will have to go to the Fair Work Ombudsman to recover it.

Nah i have a better idea what about i just get on a web page rumour site and throw a bit $hit around and see if it sticks. There that will make me feel better you muppet.

Back to the real world.
The Qantas pilots left when they couldn't get their own way and the Company partially funded this up till they withdrew the arrangement a couple of years ago and then Qantas pilots found out about having to deal with management that dont want to talk to you. Its working so well i am informed.
By the way the vote for the split was not 100% it was 65 - 35 and at least those who oppposed and were in the miniority supported the formation once it was clear there was a majority.

That is the point i am trying to get across we are not perfect, none of us, but by continuing to splinter and one group attempting to dictate over the others we will go further backwards.

A professional pilot is one that works for all pilots not just in your company or you are better because you an airline pilot. We have professionals in all areas Ag pilots, Helicopter, flight instruction, police, fire spotters, air ambulance, charter, corporate, regional, airline (domestic & international). As soon as you state that you are better than the other guy/girl then the argument is mostly lost.

Now back to my lost hundreds of thousands.

Lawrie Cox
Manager - Industrial Relations
Australian Federation of Air Pilots

Last edited by Lawrie Cox; 4th Jun 2010 at 03:36.