PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 21:14
AsL402

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preparing for Stage 2

Well i'm back home now. I got a few PMs asking for some pointers for Stage 2, so i'll just post it here so everyone can see.

There is really no specific thing i can tell you to study or prepare on, i really have to say just be prepared as much as you can. If you haven't done some math lately, make sure you practice that. The Group exercise and Flight Planning is very fun and simple. Just think simple and you will be fine. Make sure you have confidence in yourself. During the interview, they will ask if you are sure about your answers even if you are right. If you don't know it, just let them know. My interviewer got deeper and deeper into each topic, there will be a point where you don't know the answer. They just want to see how you respond. They will try to lead you to the right answer and see if you can figure it out.

If you are flying from somewhere else, i would recommend you to get there a few days earlier to get your jet lag settled. They will be able to rearrange your tickets for you. Stage 2 is extremely tiring, so you should go there in your tip top condition.

FYI, if you did the Aptitude test in HK for stage 1, you don't have to do it again in Stage 2. I think the Emails that some people got were generic ones so thats why it said they will have Aptitude tests again.

Hope this all helps!

Last edited by AsL402; 4th Jun 2010 at 05:34.