PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fired for refusal to fly through ash cloud
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 20:51
Jimmy Hoffa Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Postive change

I agree with the statement that this should not have been brought up here. I do support A320 driver.

Would prefer this thread dies but had to answer reach59

The Spanish pilots union SEPLA got involved and the rumour is that they got him his job back after a nationwide strike involving all major airlines was planned.

My wish is that this management makes some changes and learns from this.

That they make Changes in the way OCC operates and that they put people or a person in flight operations ( chief pilot ) and flight safety management with proper airline management experience.

Its normal to put people you know in place, but if these people in flght ops management do not have sufficient European or Spanish airline experience, then incidents such as this are more likely to occur.

So lets avoid in the future a thread like this on the internet, which I for one do not like. As there are many professional pilots, insrtuctors, operations engineering and otherpeople who work very hard at Vueling for decent standards.

I hope the management admit their error to the pilots and themselves ( the rumour is that they have admitted their error in private ) through a internal statement.

Captains normally do not get fired for one reason.

A320 driver did you or not have a problem with Vueling´s management prior to the Ash cloud incidents, three weeks prior ? Were you picking a fight ?
Is there money involved in all this ?

Last edited by Jimmy Hoffa Rocks; 3rd Jun 2010 at 22:19.