PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli down - Devon
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 16:18
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No i am not an MP !!!! And no i wouldnt take you for a joy ride ...but if you wish to do a formal lease for a number of hours then that could be arranged properly and legally . Dont be fooled by the CAA ...they have to do something to justify charging you many thousands to make sure you are safe dont they ? I still dont see how a flight in the same helicopter and same pilot can have different safety just because some forms are filled in ...do you ?? In fact the rules say that sometimes an owner is NOT allowed to use a companies professional AOC , CPL all whistles 10,000 hr pilot ....but CAN use a PPL or newly qualified cpl with no experience or company behind him . Explain that one to if you can .
example . you own an AS 350 ( no floats )and have it on company X AOC and wish to use it yourself for a private flight say to Battersea. You are low hr PPL and want the AOC to provide you with pilot just to be sensible . or maybe you will be returning in the dark and have a new night rating but want to be safer with experienced pilot .