PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 15:51
Epiphany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot 135. If you ask questions about ADA you will receive conflicting reports from many who have worked there - as you would about any other helicopter operator.

Some enjoyed their time there, others did not. I thought the place was awful (with the exception of flying with some very experienced and professional gentlemen) and did not stay. I put that down to experience.

I think you have convinced yourself that for you it is a good move and not having worked in USA I cannot comment on operators and work conditions there for helicopter pilots. So the only way you are going to discover if it is a good move is to go there and find out yourself.

By 'job security' I am talking about getting fired for a variety of reasons including upsetting those locals of a delicate disposition and literally finding yourself on a flight home later that day. I witnessed this on a number of occasions during my time there.

If you have a unpaid loan there however, you will not be allowed to leave until you have repaid it. If that means spending time behind bars (the metal kind) then you will. And then of course there are the Mumbai mafia - but you can make your own mind up about them.

Good luck - Inshallah.