PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 15:44
sumtingwong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Again the training that goes on does not allow things to go wrong unless the pilot does something he is trained not to do (And this should never happen in RPT). Light comes on, open book, follow instructions. Not rocket science. When everything goes pair shaped that is when the money is earned, and as far as fatalities go that is very rare. For example with the right training my mum could listen and obey a TCAS warning (provided she had the prerequrisite flying skills) and she would avoid what could be called a potential disaster)....This is what training and procedures are all about.

The doctor that receives an unconcious patient in the emergency ward has no such QRH to follow.....He has to determine what is wrong and how to deal with it in order to save a life. This happens day in and day out for a lot of medical professionals."

Bollox you muppet.

....Jeez. Why waste my time, but after 5 years in Aeromedical, and married to a doctor; Doctors most absolutely have a QRH or protocols to follow. Same ****e different name. If and IF it goes pear shaped, they have PEER SUPPORT or at least a decent union who will look after them. Heard of the AMA, MDA? Who outside of aviation has heard of AIPA. (even most GA pilots would no know who AFAP is...and really, who can blame them)

Just quietly and no judgements here but to prove a point. How many doctors went after Jay ant Patel of Rockhampton hospital infamy (allegedly) ? How many pilots went after Dom James (of Norfolk alleged infamy)? I'm not defending or advocating the actions of either, merely pointing out the disparity. Why do we eat our own? Oh, and Patel's alleged negligence was some years ago now. Norfolk was what....9 months?