PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 15:04
DMCman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for the input, appreciate it. I have definitely been in touch with AsA recruitment in the past, in fact I think they must be sick of hearing from me There is definitely no leeway and they have been very explicit in their responses - They will accept English courses only if it is judged as being the equivalent of Year 12 English by the respective state's secondary assessment board. In reality, this means having to do English during the school terms at an Adult Learning campus and sit the moderated exam at the end of the year with the other year 12's. (No bridging courses are judged as equivalent).

I tend to see more value in perhaps getting a 12 month Diploma in something I would be much better in (something heavily maths based). As mikethepomme said, it certainly puts a tick in the box.

Makes me wish I could have stuck with my Computer Science degree!! (but that's a different story).

Anyway I'll continue to read this thread with interest, glad to see there are people enjoying what they are doing (even though a few seem disillusioned at the moment!)