PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 14:42
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your brave colleagues currently standing up to the bully walsh
Ok, i'll bite.

Exactly how has Willie Walsh bullied you Juan O?
From what I've been looking at over the past few days, the bullying is heavier coming from a handful of strikers.

Friends and colleagues of mine have been victimised, harrassed, faced defamation of character, yelled at, sworn at, and had threats against their life, belongings, families and welfare. I will not stand for it and will be taking legal action.

It is right and just to respect any individuals decision, opinion and thinking, no matter what they have decided to do, you may not agree with people choosing to work, but they are doing it for a reason after much sensible thinking and consideration.

Many crew have been unfortunate enough to be forced, by the union, into deciding if they go into work or not. I have friends who can't sleep, can't eat, have been in physical pain, because of intimidating people like you, causing them to feel this way.
The union could have negotiated first then called for a strike if BA imposed anything else. The union have got nowhere by striking, apart form losing money and maybe we will see compulsory redundancies as a result.

There is a viewable list of strike-breakers held at Bedfont football club. Illegal.
Picketers have been displaying defaced photos of people on merchandise. Illegal.
Picketers have been shouting profanities at uniformed staff. Illegal.
Strikers have been threatening colleagues on both public and BAA roads. Illegal.
A striker has been sending illicit and threatening emails. Illegal.
I could go on...

Yet, I have not yet heard of any strike-breakers who are bullying and intimidating the strikers?

As for the gentleman who has donated £60k to the union to help pay the striking crew, why would he do that? Goodness of his heart? He wouldn't happen to have a large amount of his assets tied up in a competitor would he? Maybe wouldn't mind encouraging the decline of BA perhaps to benefit his interests? Just a thought.

Rant over. ( - edit as applicable mods, thx)

Six