PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 12:13
Kral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so we all know that as an industry aviation isn't the best at looking after its front line, but seriously this is getting beyond a joke. I am always amazed at baby boomers getting out the old "lets blame genY" joke of an argument. lets see how that holds up with your armchair economics guys. Seriously get your hand off it.

I have a bachelors degree in business and a masters degree in IT, I PAID for all of my studies. I PAID for all of my IT courses. I have seen no loyalty from my employers, and while I left work at 7pm this evening after 12hrs to pick up an aviation text book I get rewarded for my quals and hard work. yes thats right baby boomers HARD WORK. On top of that I get respect in my current industry.

These cadet courses might be the future of aviation, they are expensive in an expensive industry but the key to making aviation a long term prospect is TO SUPPORT YOUR COLLEAGUES! I sure as have never had that level of disrespect in IT. There are multiple pathways into most industries and this is another pathway that the industry is creating to enhance the mix. If it doesn't work it will eventually get scrapped (along with a lot of good money from people who can't afford it) However there is no need to act like a pack of hungry wolves. I fly because I want something different, and if I end up RHS of a jet and I look like getting screwed over right proper I will go straight back to an industry that treats me with respect.

YOU do this to yourselves.

The bottom end of all industries are not fun, but that doesn't mean treating cadets with a complete lack of respect, contempt and disdain. Grow up.