PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 09:51
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
..........as has been said before, aviation these days as far as a career path goes is a very different beast.
Is it a good thing that you can go from street to a "bus" in one step? I don't know maybe maybe not but only time will tell I guess.
For those of us that have done it the hard way via GA (with all the hard luck stories along the way) will have one thing over the newbies who will inherit the Earth & that's experience, experience gained from hard knocks with many a tale to tell the grand kiddies whilst sitting on that veranda in that rocking chair with a smirk y quiet smile on our faces knowing that WE (all older pilots) paved the way for what will ultimately be the future, flying, just another way to earn a buck with no romance or heart & soul feeling earned & no stories to tell...............how sad!

Still if I where young again then I guess I would be right in there also doing it the 'new' way as I would know no different. I wish the newbies/cadets all the best as when you think about it guys/gals they will be flying us around as we pax it well after retirement

Wmk2