PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 09:10
hunterboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Chick..
How do you see this dispute ending? Do you see WW backing down and coming around to BASSA's way of thinking?
If not, what do you think will happen after June 9th?
I have no idea, but if BASSA keep costing the company millions, there will come a time when it is cheaper to fire all the strikers and pay any unfair dismissal claims in several years when they come to court.
I would say that unless you have a second job up your sleeve, then you are following a very risky strategy without any kind of back-up plan.
Also, the schadenfreud that I see in the company losing all this money.....what do you think BASSA will be saying when BA come back in a year or two saying that they can't afford to keep the pension fund open...or that they can't afford a pay rise?
Now that you have all gone out on strike for this, do you think many crew will come out on strike again in the near future? I hate to say it, but I think you have shot your bolt, and for a fairly trivial reason.
You would have been better keeping your powder dry for when the company do start turning the screws.