PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 09:03
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome windup Sheffield...

Flying jets three times as hard as GA eh? I guess it depends on what sort of GA...

j3
Normally I agree with most things you say J3 but he does have a point. Whilst manipulating an Airbus on Autopilot is not exactly rocket science it will take a fair few years to actually understand what mode you are in and what works best for the current situation. Guy's I know who have flown the bus for sometime still say it surprises them.

Where as a GA pilot you can have a vague idea about what regs are applicable and look them up if required, as an Airline Pilot you need to know it period.

I love GA, I love piston aeroplanes but after slogging it out in the bush for six years I wonder if these programs do have merit. If you want to be an airline Pilot why not learn to be one straight away instead of learning a skill that is irrelevant to your end goal?

The Jetstar cadet scheme sucks IMO BUT I think that if such a scheme was implemented and done right, it could be a winner (Cathay etc)

I still would rather be sitting in that left seat one day reflecting on 210s barons 404s metros etc and be able to appreciate what I have. Not everyone feels the same however.