PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 319 vs 320 hours
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 08:22
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoursplitting seems to be something that has surfaced with all these new contract agencies. They are CV-hunting and collecting a database or when a company is looking for pilots say for 747-200 they simply ask for experience on the type not knowing that -300 is the same from pilot's point of view and in many cases it's the same type rating ie 747. I've been asked to separate hours using different engine types on the 747 and also how many hours do I have on a 767 with GE engines versus P&W.

I used to fly VVIP aircraft, 727's and 737's. So when a position surfaced, I promptly applied. I was told that they wanted "Recent VVIP experience" and as I am flying for an airline thus did not qualify It gave me a good laughter.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that most of these agencies have no clue as to what they are doing. Talking with recruiter is like pulling teeth. You say one thing and the response you get is like the person on the other end read it straight from a form?

However the whole thing is getting out of hand. Contract agencies are popping up like mushrooms after rain, but l only so many mushrooms are eatable rest being garbage. This applies to all these new contract agencies as well.