PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An aerodynamics question (for experts only)
Old 25th Jul 2002, 07:45
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Looks behind, hoping that B2N2 isn't toooo close behind...

CPB ... I don't dispute any of what you say, with the possible exeption of that last bit. I'm not so sure that it's a case of there being any holes in what Kermode says. Remember that he's not trying to teach anyone to fly, merely to understand what is happening. For this, he needs to break things down, to make the various aspects of each topic easier for people to read and grasp.

Surely it is the flying instructors' job to put all of that in the context of how it is applied to the type of aeroplane being used for the training?

Indeed, in your own explanation, you simplified some of it by referring to a jet, rather than a prop. A wholly reasonable simplification, I might add, but isn't this pretty much the same as what Kermode was trying to do?

B2N2 ... feel free to jump in whenever you like. I won't be able to keep posting for much longer anyway, as I'm heading off shortly and epect to be away for at least a month. I hope that won't mean that this most interesting thread dies in the meantime.