PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2010, 00:40
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemel - you telling J* to get stuffed in the interview really showed them. They are struggling for pilots and since you they have changed there recruitment and conditions to try and entice guys like you to the company. Considering you payed for the interview process.....

SunstarA320, as Tigers unofficial spokeperson on this site, your dig at other companies carry as much weight and influence anything that any airline CEO says.

As for the rest of you. Why is this any different to the Qantas cadetship?
As for killing DEFO`s, and cancelling the last course because of this, hardly.

These guys wont be up and running for 8months at least and that is if they are doing the 3 month course and start on the 1st of July. I believe J* will need plenty of pilots in the mean time.
DEFO`s, think back 18 months to when the industry was looking down the barrel of the worst pilot shortage in recent memory. The GFC was the only thing that gave airlines repreieve. Seeing as another shortage will hit in the near future (18-24months) all this scheme is, is an attempt to ensure they have a stream of emplloyable pilots.

These same sentiments were being aired when J* started, same when Tiger came in, "I will not work for them", "I refuse to pay for a job", "They wont last", "They wont get anyone, no one will sign up for this."
Well plenty have, plenty will and both airlines are doing O.K.