PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 18:47
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 156 Likes on 32 Posts
It's strange how every other country in Euro-Control Land manages to give direct routings and different FL's than those filed for on occasion...... and yet they are not suffering from over capacity

If what is posted above is true then perhaps they do have a grievance but for the life of me I cannot understand how they think a "work to rules" is going to solve anything. It is massively frustrating now having to following a SID which up until about 6 months ago was always short cut enormously. If you ask for a direct it always gets the same response "continue flight plan route, I'll call you if possible". 99.9% of the time no direct is given.

If you are that upset and your T&C's have been decimated - strike. Carrying on like this achieves nothing - costs your customers (the airlines) a load of money in fuel and it's not green

If you threatened to strike I would imagine that your seniors would perhaps sit up and listen.

Still there's two sides to every story. I heard that a senior MAD area controller could pull in close to €500,000 a year - that can't be true surely If it is true then perhaps da management have a point about reducing costs.......

A4