PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 16:55
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would hardly call operating the flights with VC and pilots a bundle of laughs, and yes just like the steward who rang a radio station today to register his fear about flying with crew that did not know what they were doing and he was considering going on strike as he felt unsafe flying with VC, I know exactly what he means! I would not hope for any help in an emergency situation from any of them I am afraid.
It's spin. Again. Purely fabricated to raise support and sympathy for the strikers I feel.

If YOU had such concerns for instance, would you file a CHIRPS report to raise awareness of a potential compromise of safety, or go straight to the media, damaging the company and losing it trust and business? No person breaking the strike would contradict themselves in this way.

ZILLI, I admire you decided to go into work, but please lets put your comments into perspective, surely you cannot know every single crew member to know who is, or isnt crew? Do you?
I have been into umpteen briefing rooms over strike days and I cannot tell a volunteer from an existing crew member, even with my experience and time in the company. Our customers certainly cannot, this i know for a fact as it has been proven, and they are grateful to be getting home, even believing they are being looked after an entire aircraft of volunteers, some of which are crew with many years experience.

Furthermore, why do some feel that BA is unsafe if they have inexperienced crew? Were you 'unsafe' when you first started?
The CAA governs experienced required onboard to operate with passengers onboard. Once someone has a years experience, they are 'experienced', and able to be in charge of an aircraft cabin. You only need one 'experienced' crew member and the rest can then be inexperienced.

This is not a rant, I'd just like for some people to look logically at some things they hear and read, and maybe decide if there should be some doubt once common sense is applied?

Cheers

Six